Principal Cloud Architect
As Principal Cloud Architect, you will work within our nimble CTO organization to define and develop real-time cloud infrastructure that communicates with millions of cars. We are looking for an experienced SW engineer who has built and scaled complex distributed systems, to help architect and develop our cloud agnostic backend infrastructure. Your contribution will directly influence the launch of our first RoadMotion product. We are looking for highly motivated, talented, and creative individuals, driven to work on really hard tech problems, to join our team.
- Ownership of production cloud backend architecture, design, and implementation
- Backend design, future functionality, cybersecurity, and stakeholder requirements
- Create workflows and pipelines for integrating data analysis machine learning models
- Contribute to system algorithm design reviews with team
- Lead projects from ideation to execution
- Share knowledge through mentoring, design reviews, and tech talks
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A clear understanding of various architecture database, and component strengths and weaknesses
- Experience building cloud agnostic and/or hybrid architecture platform
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Node.js, Python
- Experience with high volume data ingestion, workflows, and database storage (bonus: with connected IoT devices
- Experience building production APIs for internal and external consumption
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to lead team discussions and design review
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ability (and inclination) to be semi-autonomous
- Experience in mapping, geospatial/GIS technologies (OpenStreetMap, map matching algorithms, geospatial searching, map geometry, etc.), and/or localization technologies
- Understanding of common IoT sensors (GPS, accelerometers, wheel encoder, IMU, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Billerica, MA, USA