Director, Supply Chain
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a health plan, life insurance, alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
The Director of Supply Chain is a key role focusing on supply chain development supporting advanced technology automotive products; mechanical, hardware and software.They are responsible for creating and managing innovative supply chain approaches including sourcing for engineering development, global sourcing for industrialization, contract development and negotiation, purchasing, scheduling and logistics.
- Development and ownership of automotive supply chain that meets company development schedules as well as quality, cost, and customer requirements.
- Contract negotiation and sourcing agreements for engineering development as well as series production.
- Identify supply chain risks and implement mitigation counter measures.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for materials/logistic cost reductions while maintaining or improving product quality.This includes total cost studies and make/buy analysis.
- Plan, develop, optimize, and direct production fill rates, inventory costs, and shortage levels; proactively report product and material availability and quality issues.
- Developing S&OP processes, coordinating Sales, Engineering, and the Operations Teams.
- Driving a pro-active approach within company to assess raw material fulfillment and logistics practices and works with appropriate internal and external groups to initiate and execute process improvements.
- Maintaining adherence to all required safety and governmental regulations.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BS/MBA in supply chain/materials & logistics management or technical engineering discipline.
- Minimum of seven years of Supply Chain experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Strong/creative negotiation and contract skills.
- Strong technical background in electromechanical products.
- Experience in program management and industrializing new technology into a high-volume environment.
- Experience with ERP systems and advanced analytics training and understanding.
- Ability to work hands on when needed, entrepreneurial but understands proven procurement processes.
- The ability to communicate with engineers across disciplines, motivating and managing by influence.
- The ability to anticipate bottlenecks, and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.)
- Automotive industry experience is valued, especially exposure to:
- Automotive software development and launch
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Validation Planning and Reporting (DVP&R/PVP&R)
- 8-Disciple Problem Solving
- Able to travel domestically and internationally ~35%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Billerica, MA, USA