An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
37.5 hours per week full-time
22.5 & 30 hours for part time-available.
Staff seeking to work mainly night shifts are welcome to apply.
Shifts are as follows: Early 7:00 to 14:30, Late 1:30 to 21:00, Waking Night 21:00 to 07:00
Based at 121 Watleys End Road, Winterbourne, Bristol with a basic of £9.60 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
The people living at Watleys End Rd are looking to recruit staff to join their established team of Support Workers. The home provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking Support Workers to join our friendly team. You will be involved in supporting residents to engage in a range of activities both inside & outside of the home as well as meeting their personal care, nutritional and social needs.
We provide a 24 hour, 7 day per week service, so staff are expected to work a variety of hours, which may include early, late, twilights, bank holiday and weekends.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Julia Reid, Home Manager or Casey O'Shea, acting Deputy Home Manager: 01454 250232.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- 121 Watleys End Road, 121 Watley's End Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom