Functional Safety Engineer
Functional Safety IS0 26262
- System engineering / Software engineering experience for automotive applications with a safety critical embedded system (Systems Design, architecture, requirements, testing)
- In-depth understanding of ISO26262 Standard
- Conduct Functional safety relevant analysis (FMEA, FTA, DFA, FMEDA)
- Define the functional safety relevant requirements and create the technical documentation as required by the functional safety process.
- Support Embedded software development teams related to functional safety implementation.
- Support safety discussions with internal and external teams. Support development initiatives including change analysis and implementation.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years of Functional Safety experience ISO 26262
- Knowledge and practical experience with product and software development with Functional Safety in automotive ECUs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Energetic, self-motivated team player who excels in developing solutions for complex systems
- Work cross functionally with Software and Systems and embedded system suppliers
- Communicate successfully to engineers from different domains with different experience levels
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Cross-functional competency with detailed knowledge of more than one domain
- Certified Functional Safety Engineer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nuneaton, UK